Teaching Cianna

Teaching Cianna

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Working on my Ireland Vacation Story!

Dear Nana,
I wanted to write you a letter that I could add pictures to.  I hope this works.  I wanted to
save the memories that I had in Ireland as I know that it will slowly fade away as all things do.  Not completely but you know how exciting it is than life gets in the way again.  I will share pictures along the way.  I don't know how long it will become but no matter.  First off as I write I have been up since 3am again.  Today is the second full day back in Washington.  I love where I live but when I think of where I want to go for Vacation Ireland is on my brain! As I sit here I am watching one of my humming birds in the morning light eating at the feeder.  He is flying around and looking in at me.  It is still dark outside but the sky is light enough to wake him up.  You see after I left the feeders went dry.  I filled them up yesterday.  They will be empty by tomorrow.  Some of them stay all winter so I keep it up.  If it gets too cold it will freeze so I put a light with a really warm bulb on it... to keep it from freezing.  In this journal I will not start new paragraphs.  I want it to just be all one letter. My journey to Ireland was unexpected as I had no idea that Blaithin and Andrew would ask me to go.  What a brilliant idea. I am no longer scared to fly that far.  I realize that it is a fear that I have had for years but can overcome.  I had no problem going there or coming back.  The landing are the worst if anything was rough.... but you need to get down somehow! Cianna and I had a great trip back. She never slept one wink!  I kept dozing off but would wake up because a baby was crying or the kids in the right front isle to us would out of the blue start fighting.  That is a story in itself. So here goes my stories!  First off you must know that this family sat across from the people in front of us.  I could see the man on the end (the father).  He was a little chubby - I guess Vinny's size.  That was fine until he bent over.  OMG. I saw his crack so many times.  I had to hold a magazine up once or twice... ok 5+ times to hide his crack.  It was a shock for sure.  Thank GOD that Cianna did not see it.... she would have laughed and commented about his BUM for sure!  The family had 2 boys and the Nana along.  I did not see much of them but it would be funny when all of the sudden the 6 year old would yell... "OH MY GOD... HE JUST MADE ME LOSE!!! " You see they were playing video games. The Nana at one point asked why he would all the sudden have a melt down.  I just sat there and thought.... I am on vacation but if he was in Mercer Island he would be one of my kiddos!!  It was funny to me... but I am sure the parents were going nuts!! I kind of made friends with the Nana. She was directly in front of me. I tapped her one time to tell her to look out the window.  She was sitting with an Asian lady who kept the window blind shut.  (When I was at the bathroom I heard her asking the stewardess where she could go to see out of the plane.) She came over and looked out my window.  They kept looking for iceland or greenland... can't remember which. So I invited her to look out our window.  When she came over the father did too.  I also let his sons look.  I guess I am telling you how we became friends in the end. When the flight was getting ready to desend  Cianna said out loud "Are we there yet?"  He turned to me and laughed telling me that he has been hearing that from his boys for 9 hours!  This is what he ended up telling me.  They were from London and on their was to San Francisco.  They were going to Disney Land... Vegas.. the Grand Canyon then on their way to other places.  The lady in front of me was his wife's mother and he was originally from LA.  He had a London Accent and was very nice.  I just did not enough the plumber crack pose! Ok it is 6:30am here and I need to get things in order and ready to go see Cianna.  I stayed home yesterday to recover and get my mind in order.  I feel better today for sure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment