Teaching Cianna

Teaching Cianna

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I just can't say Goodbye to you......







May 30, 2010

There is never an easy time to say goodbye to someone that you love. Most don't know the day they will leave this earth. We know that this is his last weekend on earth at least in a physical body. I do believe those we love really never leave us they are always near us even if we don't know it. Those feelings you get that "someone" is near but no one is there... when you turn around and think you are not alone... and when you get prompted to do something out of the blue... I believe this is them.

I have known him for 5 years and have never heard him say anything bad about ANYONE. He lights up the room when he comes in no matter what the situation. He is the most loyal guy and loves unconditionally. You could never pay for this kind of friendship and dedication.

He is not perfect and has problems like stealing your socks on occasion. He ate my dinner once when I went into the other room to get something (man I was mad that day it was a steak!). The first time I ever met him I was bent over the bar talking to Mike when he decided to "take a ride".... I have never seen him do that again to anyone!

By this time I am sure you have guessed that he is a dog. Bart is the most perfect roommate you could ever have. Only wants to be loved and cared for... and even that is very minimal. He is the most gentle dog I have ever met and the biggest Golden Retriever I have ever seen. He will leave us before he turns 7 as he will not make it till July.

What is so ironic about his life is that Mike was looking for a Golden with a big head and big body. He found a puppy with a HUGE head. A lovable strong and huge Golden. Now his head is what will take his life. He has Cancer in his entire sinus system. My heart breaks as I watch him in his last days....his body is failing but his spirit lives on. He is still "the kid" inside.

I have often wondered in my life why the best and sweetest have to suffer so much. Why very kind and wonderful people have to die and others that make us question humanity live on. This is not for me to understand in this lifetime I guess. I also know that we all have a mission in life and when it is fulfilled me move on. I have tried in my lifetime to "bargain" with God - Take me and please let them stay. I guess God does not work like that because I am still here and those people I wanted to trade places with are gone.

I will always love you Bart and remember you forever. Your memories will live on and no Golden will every take your place. No other Dog could. From my heart to yours..... I can't say Goodbye... so I will say see you on the other side Bartholomew.


Nancy Ulrich

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, your story was so touching and what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog. There is a website call "rainbow bridge" that is full of people blogging about their lost or soon to be lost animals. I found great comfort there when Maddie died. Give Bart a big hug for us. And give my brother one too, in case we are not there when the end comes.

    Love, the Mullers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always love Bart. :)

    ReplyDelete